We work with a network of employers to support the development and diversification of their global workforce. For years, we have connected employers with our qualified students to create effective networking and hiring opportunities. Our students are experienced professionals from all over the world who have completed a UC Berkeley-certified professional program and now have the necessary skills to be great additions to your team.
We offer opportunities for companies and organizations to:
- Access talent through our Professional Internship Program.
- Promote your brand through a partnership with UC Berkeley Extension.
- Participate in professional panels and events to expand your network.
- Showcase your industry expertise by teaching young professionals in our UC Berkeley Extension courses.
Host an Intern!
Our graduates have completed a Berkeley-quality, academically challenging program and they're eager to put those skills to use. Take advantage of our qualified talent by hosting an intern!
How Your Company Benefits
- Encourage the growth of professionals in your industry
- Create a pathway for talent acquisition
- Increase the capacity of your company's workforce
From Students to Professionals
"Every time I present at work, I think of the skills I learned at Berkeley. I think about what the audience wants to learn and how to make it an engaging experience."
—Gabriela Guimaraes, Engineering Program Manager, Siri, at Apple
"I got an internship through my networking; from the internship I got a temporary job working in litigation, which became permanent. Then I got my current project coordination position. The certificate was like a key that opened multiple doors."
—Evan Brookes, National Legal Project Coordinator at Robert Half Legal
"The internship increased the chances of getting my résumé screened for interviews in the first place and then getting through them to actually have offers."
—Swapna Deshpande, Clinical Research Associate at Summit Therapeutics
Here's how it works:
1. Your organization and UC Berkeley Extension Career Center Staff establish the framework for an internship by defining:
- The roles and responsibilities you'd like to offer an intern at your organization
- The types of interns you seek (prerequisite skills you require)
2. Our Career Center staff sends you profiles of students who would like to be considered for your internships.
3. Your organization selects whom to interview.
4. Our staff sets up the initial communications between you and the candidates.
5. Following the interviews, you provide us with a list of your top candidates.
6. Our staff announces the finalized internship placement.
7. Our staff provide support throughout the semester to ensure a productive and positive experience.
Who Are the Intern Candidates?
Candidates are recent graduates of UC Berkeley Extension's professional certificates and programs from many different backgrounds and nationalities. Many are experienced professionals looking to advance their careers or change fields. All of them are excited to learn outside of the classroom, develop their skills, make new connections and contribute to your organization. Subject areas include:
- Business Development
- Data Science and Data Analytics
- Product Management and Project Management
- UX/UI Design
Contact Heather Mason, Career Services Specialist, at email@example.com.
Meet the Career Services Team
"We're excited to support the growth of organizations such as yours."
Career Services Specialist
Internship and Career Development